FUD?

Blake Hudson blake at ispn.net
Wed May 11 15:09:51 EDT 2011

>> Really? I've never gotten anything but epoch on any Cyrus version (2.1,
>> 2.2, 2.3) or OS (Fedora 3, 5, CentOS5) that I've tried. I brought it up
>> on the list a long time ago (2006) and it never got any interest, and
>> others have brought it up since (2009) with no interest, so I
>> implemented my own solution which tails the log file and updates a MySQL db.
>>

>> 2006 - http://irbs.net/internet/info-cyrus/0612/0196.html
>> 2009 -
>> http://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/info-cyrus/2008-December/030177.html
>
> Hmm, I was testing this deployment on a CentOS5.5 server with 2.4.x/2.4.3 and it seemed to work, I put that project aside and with a brand new SciLinux6+2.4.8 Cyrus I am getting epoch.� Irony.
>
> Using MySQL sounds like a bit of overkill, maybe cyradm would be scriptable somehow.� Or fix FUD ...�
>
> Ron

We also wanted to log the IP address of the client, and potentially keep
track of the last few logins - not just the latest one. Since we already
keep all the user data in MySQL, it was a small step.

However, it would be nice if FUD worked. I think in our case neither FUD
nor cyradm info reported a lastpop date.

--Blake