FUD?

Blake Hudson blake at ispn.net
Wed May 11 14:37:01 EDT 2011

Ron Vachiyer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have a small tool we were using in an earlier version of Cyrus, using fud-client to check the last-seen time of a mailbox;
>

> user: ronvach
> mbox: user.ronvach
> Number of Recent 1
> Last read: Wed Dec 31 19:00:00 1969
> Last arrived: Tue May 10 12:27:16 2011
>
> Since we upgraded to 2.4.8 (Invoca RPMS), we notice that fud-client/server returns read to show epoch (?), whereas the cyradm does show something realistic;
>
> localhost> info user.ronvach
> {user.ronvach}:
>   duplicatedeliver: false
>   lastpop: 11-May-2011 10:00:11 -0400
>   lastupdate: 11-May-2011 10:03:59 -0400
>   partition: default
>   pop3newuidl: true
>   sharedseen: false
>   size: 457

Really? I've never gotten anything but epoch on any Cyrus version (2.1,
2.2, 2.3) or OS (Fedora 3, 5, CentOS5) that I've tried. I brought it up
on the list a long time ago (2006) and it never got any interest, and
others have brought it up since (2009) with no interest, so I
implemented my own solution which tails the log file and updates a MySQL db.

2006 - http://irbs.net/internet/info-cyrus/0612/0196.html
2009 -
http://lists.andrew.cmu.edu/pipermail/info-cyrus/2008-December/030177.html