deliver.db

Alexei Shilin a_shilin at fastmail.fm
Wed May 11 00:11:54 EDT 2011

Hi,

One of our scanner produces non-unique message-ids when sending mails.
Ids are repeated in about a week.

So I decided to have deliver.db purged at least once a day, because I
have duplicatesuppression on in imapd.conf

####cyrus.conf
EVENTS {

  checkpoint    cmd="ctl_cyrusdb -c" period=30
  delprune      cmd="cyr_expire -E 1 -a -v" at=1015
  tlsprune      cmd="tls_prune" period=1440
}
##########

deliver.db had 114 lines, I tried to set "at" to the time 5 min in the
future. I waited for 10 mins. Log reported that cyr_expire ran, but
deliver.db size and number of lines did not change.

I have stopped cyrus, renamed deliver.db, started cyrus. And now
deliver.db is quite small and not changing.

-rw------- 1 cyrus mail 8,0K May 11 10:55 /var/imap/deliver.db

What should I do anyway to fight that ugly scanner while keeping
duplicatesuppression on ?

__
Alexei Shilin
cyrus-imapd 2.3.14-r3