Upgrading from 2.3 to til 2.4

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh hmh at debian.org
Tue May 10 11:41:24 EDT 2011

On Tue, 10 May 2011, Per Steinar Iversen wrote:
> Running a reconstruct on user.% before allowing in new mail, after the
> upgrade, seems to be a better and more orderly option than allowing
> sendmail to do the job?

That's certainly how we always do it here.  We pause the new email feed at
the MTAs (so that it will just queue), firewall off any user access, run a
full backup, do the upgrade, trigger a full reconstruct and quota rebuild,
and test everything before we restore service.

Better the planned downtime, than surprise breakages.

  Henrique Holschuh