Vacation Not Working...

Nathanael D. Noblet nathanael at gnat.ca
Tue May 10 10:58:43 EDT 2011

On 05/09/2011 11:39 PM, Simon Matter wrote:

>> Hello,
>>
>>     I have a mail server that we use cyrus-imap for. It works well
>> enough. Stock package for RHEL 5 (cyrus-imapd-2.3.7-7.el5_4.3). Likely
>> somewhat old. In anycase we've used sieve for server side filtering and
>> it has worked well for years. We have a couple users however that would
>> like to use the 'Vacation'/'Auto responding' features. The add the rule,
>> however no auto response is ever attempted. There are no errors in the
>> log, nada.
>>
>>     I spent a few hours trying to get something but never did. Can anyone
>> suggest what I should be doing to see why it isn't working? Any gotcha's
>> or other pointers? Google has turned up many people with similar
>> problems, but no answers. I could really use a hand with how to
>> debug/track this down.
>
> To start, you may want to post your imapd.conf here and an example sieve
> script used for vacations.

imapd.conf:
configdirectory: /var/lib/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: cyrus
sievedir: /var/lib/imap/sieve
sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail
hashimapspool: true
pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd
sasl_mech_list: PLAIN
tls_cert_file: /etc/pki/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-imapd.pem
tls_key_file: /etc/pki/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-imapd.pem
tls_ca_file: /etc/pki/cyrus-imapd/cyrus-imapd.pem
#tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt
postmaster: postmaster
allowanonymouslogin: no
allowplaintext: yes