Cyrus domain resolution

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Wed Mar 23 18:07:45 EDT 2011

On 23/03/11 21:20 +0200, Vilius Šumskas wrote:
>> You should be able to set a 'servername' value in imapd.conf to essentially
>> hard code a value for %r. It may make more sense to disregard %r
>> altogether, and get your domain information from %u.
>
>I really don't want to set servername to domain name. This is not "a correct way team".
>
>Do you have a suggestion how to get domain information from %u in imapd.conf?

With virtual domains enabled, I would expect you to see the fully qualified
username in %u, except for the defaultdomain. You should be able to write a
function/stored procedure in your RDBMS to retrieve the domain. Something like:

sasl_sql_select: SELECT %p FROM user_table WHERE username = '%u' and domain =
find_domain('%u')

--
Dan White