updating cyrus databases

Maria Mckinley maria at shadlen.org
Tue Mar 22 22:07:22 EDT 2011

Hello,

I need to update my databases from 4.2 to 4.7. Unfortunately the guide I
used last time to update my database has disappeared. All of the stuff I
find currently on the web says just use cvt_cyrusdb to update your
database. Which seems pretty straight-forward when I look at the man
page, but then when I look at my cyrus directory, I get nervous. Which
files exactly, am I suppose to update? There are so many with db at the
end, do I do them all?

ella:~# ls /var/cyrus/data/
annotations.db  db.backup1  deliver.db  mailboxes.db   msg   quota
tls_sessions.db
db              db.backup2  log         mailboxes.db~  proc  socket  user
ella:~# ls /var/cyrus/data/db
__db.001  __db.002  __db.003  __db.004  __db.005  log.0000000048  skipstamp

So, everything with a db in it? And what exactly is  <old-fileformat>
and  <new-fileformat>? Is that the DBEngine from
lib/cyrus/cyrus-db-types.active? So, BerkeleyDB4.2 and  BerkeleyDB4.7?

And once I'm done, I move the old ones out, rename the new ones to the
old names, get rid of lib/cyrus/cyrus-db-types.active, and reconfigure
the package?

If someone has a link to a guide that has more info than the ones I have
found so far, that may be the easiest thing.

thanks,
maria