IMAP sync?

Lars Schimmer l.schimmer at cgv.tugraz.at
Sun Mar 20 05:01:06 EDT 2011

On 19.03.2011 22:24, Bron Gondwana wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 05:47:24PM -0300, Reinaldo de Carvalho wrote:
>> On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 11:51 AM, Lars Schimmer
>> <l.schimmer at cgv.tugraz.at>  wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> I try to setup a new cyrus server and want to migrate my old 2.2.x data
>>> on the new 2.4.6 server.
>>> Any tips on howto migrate data from old server to new server?
>>> Rsync and db updates?
>>> imapsync, which tool and howto sync the non-user-inboxes?
>>>

>> The main problem is to preserve hardlinks to don't grow up used disk
>> space, and isn't possible with IMAP migration.
>
> Cyrus should be able to handle the upgrade in place if you can shut
> down the source server, copy the files over, and bring it back up.

Sure, but I got a new hardware and want to use the new hardware ;-)

And hardlinks, I guess we do not use much hardlinks at all. HD space is
not a big issue for us, as we got roughly 40 account and 20Gb mails on
server.
But I go and try with rsync with db upgrade, as it once worked fine to
upgrade to 2.2.x

> Bron.

MfG,
Lars Schimmer
TU Graz, Institut für ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
Tel: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: l.schimmer at cgv.tugraz.at
Fax: +43 316 873-5402       PGP-Key-ID: 0x4A9B1723