Looking for advice on migration to new Cyrus-IMAPd server

Eric Luyten Eric.Luyten at vub.ac.be
Mon Mar 14 06:48:21 EDT 2011

On Sat, March 12, 2011 3:03 pm, Patrick Boutilier wrote:

>>> I can't comment on this one. I've tried metadata partitions but never
>>> tried doing it online.
>>
>> Cyrus won't move them for you, and I don't think there is even a tool
>> to do it.  Sorry.
>
> I used tools/migrate-metadata from the source tarball (2.3.16) to
> migrate an existing setup (same server) to using a metadata partition.

Hello,

We used the same script for a successful data/metadata split of a 500k
mailbox server last September.

Because we have nine partitions, the script was tweaked a little bit to
perform the conversions in parallel and secondly, to allow for a quick
rollback, the 'move' operation was changed to a 'copy'.
The metadata files were only removed from the data partitions at a later
stage, using a simple 'find'.

Eric Luyten, Computing Centre VUB/ULB.