Cyrus 2.4.X delete mailbox oddities

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Jun 28 08:58:21 EDT 2011

On Tue, 28 Jun 2011 10:02 +0100, "David Carter" <dpc22 at cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2011, Bron Gondwana wrote:
>
> >> I have however discovered two wrinkles when deleting mailboxes selected by
> >> some other IMAP session. PINE might leave a mailbox selected for days.
> >
> > Well, that's classy PINE.
>
> Do you want to have an debate with Mark Crispin about correct behaviour of
> IMAP clients? I still have the scars from last time, and that was probably
> about 1997 :)

I've had a look at the pine source code.  Ouch.  It does appear that
sending a non-OK response will be enough for pine to believe the server
is no longer available and drop the connection though.

The other option is to send a * BYE - mailbox has been deleted,
but I can't guarantee that PINE will recognise that.  Dropping the link
should do the trick though ;)
--
  Bron Gondwana
  brong at fastmail.fm