crc32_buf

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Mon Jun 20 05:47:02 EDT 2011

On 18/06/11 20:14, Bron Gondwana wrote:

> Yeah, I screwed up.  We require zlib at the moment.
>
> My plan is to embed a basic crc32 algorithm directly into that file for
> the case where zlib is not available, but I haven't done it yet.
>
> Regards,
>
> Bron.

Hi Bron,

What is zlib used for in Cyrus? Is it actually used for mailbox
compression or was it just a quick solution for adding a CRC32
implementation?

If it is the latter, then it should be fairly easy to add a CRC32
algorithm and remove that dependency. Do you have a preferred generator
polynomial?

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS