crc32_buf

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Sun Jun 19 18:02:32 EDT 2011

On Sun, Jun 19, 2011 at 09:14:38PM +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> > Yeah, I screwed up.  We require zlib at the moment.
> >
> > My plan is to embed a basic crc32 algorithm directly into that file for
> > the case where zlib is not available, but I haven't done it yet.
>
> Hi Bron,
>
> Thank you for the pointer. My colleague Mark has helped me find the
> missing package and for people who are experiencing similar difficulties
> with HEAD/2.5 I wanted to post the more detailed pointer.
>
> In Debian, the package to install is zlib1g-dev. The ones I previously
> installed were not the correct ones. The package name is the same in
> Ubuntu (I use Kubuntu Lucid).

Excellent.  I'm glad you're all sorted out.  Thanks for the information
to the list too :)

By the way - what sort of work are you planning on doing with Cyrus?  Are
you looking to feed it back upstream?

Ideally, I'd love a pointer to a git repository where you're doing your
work :)  Mine is kept at:

http://github.com/brong/cyrus-imapd/

With most of the really experimental stuff on the 'future' branch.  Not
all of that will go back upstream, but anything that's not horribly
breaking standards and is generally useful will probably propagate back
upstream as soon as we've had time to clean it up.

Regards,

Bron.