Scaling of imap servers

Lars Schimmer l.schimmer at cgv.tugraz.at
Thu Jun 16 07:12:03 EDT 2011

On 2011-06-15 13:33, Ram wrote:
> We need to create a platform for create a large number of cyrus accounts
> that can scale indefinitely
> I could start with just 2k  users  but could have 20x the number of
> accounts by next year.
> I was thinking of taking a cloud-based machine at amazon or rackspace
> and scale hardware vertically  as required.
> But the problem with rackspace or amazon is they do not offer much
> storage and cap the total storage that can be used.

Send all email on free base to amazon? Why should amazon get all your
emails? If you do not care about security and privacy, you can also use
googleMail.

> I would like to know how do you guys do the same

Have a look at fastmail.fm - they have setup a fairly big serverfarm
with cyrus.

> Thanks
> Ram

MfG,
Lars Schimmer
TU Graz, Institut für ComputerGraphik & WissensVisualisierung
Tel: +43 316 873-5405       E-Mail: l.schimmer at cgv.tugraz.at
Fax: +43 316 873-5402       PGP-Key-ID: 0x4A9B1723