Replication Log File !!

Michael Menge michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Jul 26 16:10:14 EDT 2011

Quoting Shashi Yash <shashi007 at gmail.com>:

> I'm trying to understand how replication works in cyrus.  What kind of
> data is written to the replication log file etc. According to the
> documentation the sync log file is located in
> (configdirectory)/sync/log. But I'm unable to find this file.

If you have started rolling replication and only few active users you
won't see the file most of the time.

The replicationon log file contains informations about what has changed.
Each line contains the type of what has changed (e.g. MAILBOX, SEEN, SUB)
and additional informations to specify which Mailbox and/or Account has
changed

If rolling replication is running and it finds the log file it will
rename the file to log-pid and process it. When the process has
finnished syncing everything in the log file it will remove the file
an wait till
there is a new log file.