disabling shared namespace

John Madden jmadden at ivytech.edu
Mon Jul 25 10:45:10 EDT 2011

Our issues with cpu usage with very large mailbox databases (4 million
mailboxes) persist and I started poking at source code this morning,
finally having time to look for a fix again.

I originally wrote about this some time ago:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.mail.imap.cyrus/32964

Again, we have no use for a shared mailbox namespace but there doesn't
appear to be any way to easily disable it.  Could it be as simple as
just removing everything but NAMESPACE_INBOX from the enum in
imap/mboxname.h?  In other words, if we change it to

enum { NAMESPACE_INBOX = 0 };

will anything else break?

John

--
John Madden
Sr UNIX Systems Engineer / Office of Technology
jmadden at ivytech.edu