Cyrus 2.4.10 Released

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Wed Jul 6 05:36:21 EDT 2011

Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:
> --On 6. Juli 2011 09:53:14 +0100 "Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems)"
>
> <vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com> wrote:
> > Bron Gondwana wrote:
> >> We are pleased to announce the release of Cyrus IMAPd 2.4.10.
> >
> > Thank you Bron, for all your great work on this and past 2.4 releases!
>
> Agreed!
>
> > RPM packages for 2.4.10 have now been made available for;
> >
> > - Fedora Rawhide,
> > - Enterprise Linux 5, through [1]
>
> I haven't been following this properly ... how do these RPMs compare to the
> ones that Simon Matter provides?

They are related in the sense that Simon Matter has a long-standing history in
maintaining Cyrus IMAP packages, on which all of the RPMs for Fedora / Red Hat
have been based.

Since quite some time, however, Fedora / Red Hat has been maintaining their
own version(s). I co-maintain the version in Fedora.

As an ISV, Kolab Systems has yet a little bit of different requirements, such
as being able to release product series (2.3, 2.4, 3.0) with a different
duration for support, different update policies, and such and so forth, and
thus builds its own packages; these are what I make available through the
packages I referred to in my previous message.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--
Senior Engineer, Kolab Systems AG