Setting TCP keepalive for Cyrus daemons

Andy Bennett andyjpb at ashurst.eu.org
Mon Jul 4 11:40:03 EDT 2011

Hi,

>> I just noticed something else when I went to apply the patch.  I would
>> have added the options to cyrus.conf so a typical entry would change
>> from:
>>
>>   imap  cmd="imapd" listen="imap" proto="tcp4" prefork=0 maxchild=6000
>>
>> to:
>>
>>   imap  cmd="imapd" listen="imap" proto="tcp4" tcp_keepalive prefork=0 maxchild=6000
>>
>> That way you could have a different keepalive setting for each service.
>> You've designed it so these settings go into imapd.conf .  Is that going
>> to work the same way?
>
> I haven't seen a response on this question.  Is it better to set TCP
> options for Cyrus daemons in /etc/imapd.conf or /etc/cyrus.conf?  I'm
> willing to test this facility, but I'd like to know where the settings
> should be made first.

Isn't it the case that if you have the imap.conf additions parsed after
this:

>>> I considered that - but I wanted it to be after:
>>>
>>> cyrus_init(alt_config, service, 0);
>>>
>>> So that you could control options per service.

...then you can affect each service by prefixing the option with its
name as specified in cyrus.conf? In your case the service name would be
"imap" but you can change this to anything and run several imapds with
different service names.

Regards,
@ndy

andyjpb at ashurst.eu.org