How do I set the quota on a mailbox

JonL jonl711 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 4 02:55:43 EDT 2011

I'm getting a a message stating that my Mailbox ix over quota.
I login as the user and tried changing the quota and it does not work, I'm getting a Permission denied message.
So I login in the cyrus user and I issue the command setquota user.jlmiller 25000 and I get the following message:
mmtlnx:/home # cyradm --user cyrus --auth PLAIN localhost
Password:
IMAP Password:
              Login failed: authentication failure at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.8/i586-linux-thread-multi/Cyrus/IMAP/Admin.pm line 118
cyradm: cannot authenticate to server with PLAIN as cyrus

Also tried the following:
mmtlnx:/home # cyradm --user cyrus --auth  localhost
cyradm> setquota user.jlmiller 25000
quota:25000
setquota: no connection to server

So what am I doing wrong?