squatter stops when it encounters a locked mailbox?

Michael D. Sofka sofkam at rpi.edu
Fri Jul 1 15:03:38 EDT 2011

Clement Hermann (nodens) wrote:
> Le 21/06/2011 18:28, Michael D. Sofka a écrit :
>> I run squatter in a perl program that forks three parallel squatter
>> processes on individual user's mailboxes. If a mailbox is locked the
>> particular squatter processing the mailbox quits, but the main program
>> continues to fork new processes for the remaining mailboxes. The program
>> checkpoints each user, shuts down at 6 A.M., and continues where it left
>> off the following day.
> Looks nice.
>
> Maybe you could share this script ? I could use a squatter with some
> parallelization and a way to stop it when the load is starting to grow
> (like in the morning). I guess it could be modified to use other
> parameters to know when to stop : number of logged-in users or imap/pop
> processes, system load...
>
> Cheers,

I'm looking over the paperwork needed to share the program (welcome to
21st Century academia). If I get approval, I'll consider adding other
termination/pause options. Our 24 hour load-cycle is fairly predicable.
But I can see how logged-in users, and load average would be useful.

Mike
Michael D. Sofka               sofkam at rpi.edu
C&MT Sr. Systems Programmer,   Email, HPC, TeX, Epistemology
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY.  http://www.rpi.edu/~sofkam/