sql authentication

Gabriele Bulfon gbulfon at sonicle.com
Mon Jan 31 10:21:23 EST 2011

Oh yes I got the same answer privately by anothe user on this list :)
Thanks a lot!
Gabriele.
Da: Michael Menge
A: info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
Data: 27 gennaio 2011 9.35.35 CET
Oggetto: Re: sql authentication
Hi,
Quoting Gabriele Bulfon
:
...tooooo baaaad...................... :(
Da: Berend de Boer
A: Gabriele Bulfon
Cc: info-cyrus at lists.andrew.cmu.edu
Data: 26 gennaio 2011 18.20.11 CET
"Gabriele" == Gabriele Bulfon
writes:
GabrieleLast but not least, my password is encrypted.  My
Gabrieleapplications usually encrypt the typed password with a
Gabrieleselected algorithm, and matches the two encrypted
Gabrieleresults. I may have no way do decrypt the saved password
Gabrielein the db.
I have found no option so far to use encrypted passwords, so mailbox
passwords are stored unencrypted in the database.
You can use pam_sql (pam_pgsql, pam_mysql) to use encrypted passwords
stored in postgresql or mysql via pam.
http://puszcza.gnu.org.ua/software/pam-modules/download.html
M.Menge                                Tel.: (49) 7071/29-70316
Universität Tübingen                   Fax.: (49) 7071/29-5912
Zentrum für Datenverarbeitung          mail:
michael.menge at zdv.uni-tuebingen.de
Wächterstraße 76
72074 Tübingen
----