Headache moving from Cyrus 2.1 to 2.2

Andrew Morgan morgan at orst.edu
Mon Jan 24 11:54:06 EST 2011

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011, Raimund Eimann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> oops, you're right... How come a three year old openSuSE uses a newer cyrus-imapd than an Ubuntu server that is just 9 months old?... Weird.
>
> Can anyone point me to a cyrus-imapd  2.3 for Ubuntu-lucid lynx server?

Apologies to any Debian maintainers out there...  Don't bother using the
extremely out-of-date Debian packages.  The next release of Debian will
still only have Cyrus v2.2.

If you want to run Cyrus on Debian or its derivatives like Ubuntu, just
download the latest Cyrus source code and build it yourself.  The build
process is very simple and you get the benefits of the major improvements
that have gone into the latest 2.3.16 release or even better, 2.4.6.

If you want to stick with a packaged version of Cyrus, go to an RPM-based
distribution and use Simon Matter's Cyrus RPMs.

 	Andy