Headache moving from Cyrus 2.1 to 2.2
Henrique de Moraes Holschuh
hmh at debian.org
Mon Jan 24 10:54:33 EST 2011
On Mon, 24 Jan 2011, Raimund wrote:
> I am having a quite hard time moving my cyrus imapd installation away
> fom a SuSE 11.1 box (i586) to Ubuntu server 10.04 (x86_64). I have hopes
> that someone here might be able to help me?:
1. Get a backup of the full dataset before you started messing with it.
2. Check the version of berkeley DB that was being used in the SuSE BOX
3. Copy data as-is to the Ubuntu box.
4. cd to the cyrus directory that has the db/ subdirectory and the .db
files in it. THAT is the database environment.
5. install the db*-util package that matches the version of berkeley DB
used by the Ubuntu cyrus packages.
6. run db*_upgrade on every .db file.
Your best bet is to drink some liquid luck potion before attempting that,
On the SUSE box, use ctl_cyrusdb to switch all databases to skiplist or
Move THAT to the Ubuntu box, and configure it accordingly to expect the
databases in the format you'll be using.
"One disk to rule them all, One disk to find them. One disk to bring
them all and in the darkness grind them. In the Land of Redmond
where the shadows lie." -- The Silicon Valley Tarot
More information about the Info-cyrus