Updated 2.4.6 with autocreate for those who need it

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Fri Jan 21 10:03:46 EST 2011

On 21/01/11 14:53, Reinaldo de Carvalho wrote:

>> Out of interest, what are the objections to the current patch? And would
>> it be applied to the 2.4.x series or wait until 2.5?
>>
> A (commonly) bad MTA configuration that not reject unknown recipients,
> and try to deliver the message to cyrus will generate thounsands of
> mailboxes. If this feature will be implemented must have a option to
> disable it. And, IMHO autocreatemailbox should be disable by default.

Oh that's interesting. I must admit I haven't done much with the patches
other than noted that they exist within our internal builds, but surely
the account auto creation only happens if the recipient exists within a
directory somewhere, e.g. LDAP?

Can saslauthd be used to determine whether an account exists or not as
opposed to just being used for authentication?

ATB,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS
http://www.siriusit.co.uk