imapd and pop3d processes accumulate when clients disappear

Sebastian Hagedorn Hagedorn at uni-koeln.de
Tue Jan 11 08:50:56 EST 2011

--On 11. Januar 2011 07:26:38 -0600 Gary Mills <mills at cc.umanitoba.ca>
wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 11:39:31PM +0100, Sebastian Hagedorn wrote:
>>
>> That was fixed quite a while ago ... we had the same problem, so I
>> worked with one of the developers to debug and fix it.
>
> Thanks for the information.  So, a Cyrus or SASL upgrade some time
> in the future should fix this problem.  I'm pleased that I won't need
> to carry my local fix forward to a new version.

FWIW, I believe that the official fix works quite differently from yours.
Yours enables TCP keepalives whereas the official one (introduced in 2.3.9,
I believe) uses timeouts.
I have no idea if one is superior to the other or what the ramifications
are. All that matters to me is that it seems to be working :)
--
     .:.Sebastian Hagedorn - RZKR-R1 (Gebäude 52), Zimmer 18.:.
                 .:.Regionales Rechenzentrum (RRZK).:.