Detecting last login IMAP and expire old messages

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Mon Jan 10 07:03:26 EST 2011

On Sat, 2011-01-08 at 23:35 -0200, Lucas Zinato Carraro wrote:
> Is there a way to get messages from a user account automatic expire if
> account is not in used for 6 months ?

Yes, set the "expire" annotation on the folder.  For example, we set
this to 365 on the user's sent-mail folder and to 14 for the users SPAM
folder.

You can also use the ipurge command, like -
EVENTS {
  sentPurge cmd="ipurge -s -X -f -d 365 user.*.sent-mail" at=0000
  trashPurge cmd="ipurge -s -X -f -d 45 user.*.Trash" at=0100
  spamPurge cmd="ipurge -s -X -f -d 14 user.*.SPAM" at=0200
} - in cyrus.conf