Shared mailboxes doc

Andy Bennett andyjpb at ashurst.eu.org
Fri Jan 7 12:57:37 EST 2011

Hi,

>>>  > Does anyone know the option that needs to be set (and how to set it) in
>>>  > order to do a "bulletin board". i.e. have a separate SEEN state for each
>>>  > user?
>>> Do the imapd.conf sharedseenstate option (disabled) and setting the
>>> anyone 's' ACL help?
>> I think that the imapd.conf option would be for all mailboxes. I thought
>> that there was an annotation that could be set on a per mailbox basis.
>
> There is: "sharedseen".  Set it to "true".
>
> xyz.example.com> info bogus.mailbox.name
> {bogus.mailbox.name}:
>   condstore: false
>   duplicatedeliver: false
>   lastpop:
>   lastupdate:  7-Jan-2011 11:38:48 -0500
>   partition: default
>   pop3newuidl: true
>   sharedseen: true
>   size: 29468

Hmmm... I just get "Permision denied" even if I grant all rights to the
cyrus user.

If I call info on the mailbox I don't see "sharedseen:" either. I'm not
sure if that's because it's false or undefined or whether I don't have a
recent enough cyrus. I have 2.2.13-14+lenny3 on Debian Lenny.

-----
localhost> lam user.test at example.net
user.test at example.net lrswipcda

localhost> sam user.test at example.net cyrus a