Cyrus 2.4.6 problem with delayed expunge mode

Rudy Gevaert Rudy.Gevaert at UGent.be
Mon Feb 28 10:13:02 EST 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 12:13:02AM +1100, Bron Gondwana wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 01:59:57PM +0100, Rudy Gevaert wrote:
> > Quoting "Rudy Gevaert" <Rudy.Gevaert at UGent.be>:
> >
> > > I had this very strange problem this morning, maybe concerning to the
> > > above too!
> >
> > I forgot to point out that this was not funny ;).  I don't know if it
> > will happen tomorrow too.  Or if I should revert to setting cyr_expire
> > again to 7 days.
>
> I'd love to know if it reproduces!  There is no reason I can see that it
> should have happened.

Hi Bron,

We have hit the problem again this morning.  I have for now disabled
the clean up of the delayed expunge by setting the -x option.  I'm not
at the office for the coming weeks so I can't really debug.  I'm
counting for now that
expunge_days: 31
is enough to clean up the deleted messages.