serverinfo: off does not work for timsieved

Ram ram at netcore.co.in
Thu Feb 17 08:48:52 EST 2011

I am using cyrus-imap 2.4.6
If I set serverinfo: off in imapd.conf then the banner of cyrus is
hidden for imap and pop

But I think timsieved does not hide the banner

[root at centos ~]# grep serverinfo /etc/imapd.conf
serverinfo: off
[root at centos ~]# telnet localhost 2000
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
"IMPLEMENTATION" "Cyrus timsieved v2.4.6-Invoca-RPM-2.4.6-3"
"SASL" "PLAIN"
"SIEVE" "comparator-i;ascii-numeric fileinto reject vacation imapflags
notify envelope relational regex subaddress copy"
"STARTTLS"
OK