Tuning some defaults for 2.5: lmtp_downcase_rcpt

André Schild andre at schild.ws
Fri Feb 11 10:21:51 EST 2011

Am 11.02.2011 15:06, schrieb Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems):

> André Schild wrote:
>
> > Hello,
>

> > Am 11.02.2011 14:11, schrieb Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems):
>
> > > Long story short; the proposal is to ship with a default
>
> > > lmtp_downcase_rcpt of 1.
>

> > Sound OK for me.
>

> > When chaning upper/lowercases we always have to consider character sets.
>
> > For the user part it's no problem because here only basic characters are
>
> > allowed,
>
> > but what about a mailbox like: user at BÜCHER.CH ?
>

> I don't think these characters are allowed in DNS / KRB, so hopefully
> that addresses that concern.

@bücher.ch is allowed.
In dns this is represented as a IDN encoded name in the form of***

  xn--bcher-kva.ch* is the ACE string, and it is this string that is
entered in the DNS.

For technical reasons, the character string that has been processed by
the algorithm is several

https://www.nic.ch/reg/wcmPage.action;jsessionid=256F10E27B3713EEAF8E2FBD89827125?lid=en&plain=&res=/reg/guest/faqs/idn.jsp

André