Deliverdb in a memcached

Ram ram at netcore.co.in
Tue Aug 23 04:31:44 EDT 2011

On a very busy Imap server , duplicate suppression sometimes becomes the
bottleneck
I have seen that If I disable duplicate suppression , my lmtp deliveries
are speeded up.

Duplicate suppression is important , but the database need not persist
for very long.
I have seen in most of the cases if there is a duplicate mail ( due to
forwards , groups etc ), it arrives within 10 minutes of the first mail
( Any exception to this is too minor and can be ignored )

IMHO There should be a configuration that the deliverdb can be,
optionally,  stored in memcached or directly in memory.
Of course there are cons .. like loss of data on restart etc. But these
are OK.

Thanks
Ram