autocreate / autosieve patches on 2.4.10

Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems) vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com
Mon Aug 8 19:57:49 EDT 2011

Dave McMurtrie wrote:
> On Aug 8, 2011, at 7:13 PM, "Jeroen van Meeuwen (Kolab Systems)"
> <vanmeeuwen at kolabsys.com> wrote: ...snipped...
>
> > - must be compatible with running in a murder,
>
> In theory, this should be much less work in the 2.4 code since creates can
> be blindly issued to any frontend in a murder now.

I can only hope so ;-)

That said from where I'm sitting it would still need to happen... Especially
the check on whether the mailbox already exists somewhere else in the murder I
think can create quite the confusion if a mail for a NEW mailbox arrives at
two backends at the same time... And then I suppose there's inter-backend
communication on backend1 that was first and backend2 that now realizes there
was no mailbox for the message, but there is now, presumably though LMTP.

Excuse my rambling ;-)

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen

--