Cyrus IMAP and SASL on replicated machines

J. Pilfold-Bagwell jpb at bordengrammar.kent.sch.uk
Fri Aug 5 04:41:30 EDT 2011

Hi All,

I have a Cyrus box that I set up about 3 years ago that's been running
flawlessly.  Recently though, as we're becoming increasingly reliant on
email, it was decided that we're going to set up a DRBD replicated system.

The only question that's nagging is that of running Cyrus-SASL across
the two machines for authentication.  When I first set the existing
server up I remember reading that if you back the sasldb up and restore
it to another machine, the new machine has to have the same hostname as
the original otherwise it breaks the authentication.  I now can't find
that original document and am not sure if it's still relevant.

Is this likely to be a problem or is there a mechanism that will allow
me to force sasl to ignore the hostname.

Thanks in advance,

Julian PB