<Type Number> in mailboxes.db

Frank Elsner Frank.Elsner at TU-Berlin.DE
Wed Aug 3 07:45:06 EDT 2011

On Tue, 2 Aug 2011 09:56:19 -0500 Dan White wrote:

  [ ... ]

> For documentation on the mailbox format, see:
>
> http://www.cyrusimap.org/docs/cyrus-imapd/2.4.10/internal/database-formats.php

And exactly this document does not explain the <Type Number> :-(

> and
>
> /imap/mboxlist.h in the source:
>
> /* flags for types of mailboxes */
> #define MBTYPE_REMOTE (1<<0) /* Not on this server (part is remote host) */
> #define MBTYPE_RESERVE (1<<1) /* Reserved [mupdate/imapd] /
>                     Rename Target [imapd] (part is normal, but
>                     you are not allowed to create this mailbox,
>                     even though it doesn't actually exist */
> #define MBTYPE_NETNEWS (1<<2) /* Netnews Mailbox - NO LONGER USED */
> #define MBTYPE_MOVING (1<<3) /* Mailbox in mid-transfer (part is
> remotehost!localpart) */
> #define MBTYPE_DELETED (1<<4) /* Mailbox has been deleted, but not yet
> cleaned up */

Thanks.

> It appears that mailcluster1 believes a mailbox transfer was initiated, but
> has not yet completed (or failed).

This happened.

> You can use cyr_dbtool to manually edit the entry in your mailboxes.db, or
> remove it. See:
>
> http://asg.andrew.cmu.edu/archive/message.php?mailbox=archive.info-cyrus&msg=52899

One more question:

If I use cyr_dbtool for deletion does this interact with the mupdate server
which has the correct data?

--Frank Elsner