DECISION: what reconstruct -f should do

Michael D. Sofka sofkam at rpi.edu
Tue Apr 26 13:51:42 EDT 2011

Bron Gondwana wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 10:19 -0700, "David Lang" <david.lang at digitalinsight.com> wrote:
>> I can easily see someone wanting to have INBOX.sub containing INBOX.sub.folder1
>> and INBOX.sub.folder2 as an organizational mechanism
>>
>> if you were to create INBOX.sub and the user didn't want it, could they remove
>> it without affecting INBOX.sub.folder?
>
> No, not easily.  It would delete the whole tree by default.

Has this changed since Cyrus 2.3?  I've certainly created and removed
the middle of mailbox paths.  How easy or difficult this is may depend
on the email client.

Mike

Michael D. Sofka               sofkam at rpi.edu
C&MT Sr. Systems Programmer,   Email, HPC, TeX, Epistemology
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY.  http://www.rpi.edu/~sofkam/