Can't see messages, reconstruct doesn't work

Eric Knudstrup eric at knudstrup.org
Tue Apr 19 06:01:53 EDT 2011

On 04/19/2011 02:43 AM, Patrick Boutilier wrote:
> On 04/19/2011 06:34 AM, Eric Knudstrup wrote:
>> I have a problem in which there are messages in my main INBOX directory,
>> but they aren't seen in my IMAP client.
>> Unfortunately, when I tell it to reconstruct through cyradm, I see a
>> pair of .NEW files created, but they're empty and the reconstruct returns?
>> This is with 2.4.7.
> Are the .NEW files still there after reconstruct ends? If so it sounds
> like reconstruct is crashing. Anything in your logs files?
Nothing.  I just tried deleting the cyrus.* files and that works.  I was
replicating this installation to another (new) 2.4.7 installation,
starting about a week ago.
All of the messages a few days after that weren't indexed in the
INBOXen.  Fortunately it's a small installation.
If I nuke everyone's index files and reconstruct, then add them to the
replication log, will that cause problems?
I was just switching to the new installation.  Will the new server get
confused if I let people use it will it is being synced to?
I have probably six, maybe 12 hours before people will complain.

Eric