Deliver to mailbox problem with v2.4.7

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Mon Apr 11 00:38:44 EDT 2011

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 12:17:47AM +0100, John wrote:
> On 09/04/11 23:19, Dan White wrote:
> > On 09/04/11 22:33 +0100, John wrote:
> >> Sorry for delay in responding, I have been away.
> >>
> >> Setting "anyone p" made no difference:
> >
> > Can you test to see if the same problem happens with folders without dots
> > in them?
>
> Ok, on further testing today, adding "anyone p" does make it deliver ok.

Can you just confirm: "anyone p" only works for folders without dots in the
names?

> This is wierd though because the  command to deliver the mail does
> specify my user acl (-a argument to deliver) so why wouldn't this work?

Ok - so I suspect this bit is broken.  It's probably not passing the
userid correctly to the part of the code that does the delivery.

> My procmail log reports like this:
> procmail: Executing
> "/usr/cyrus/bin/deliver,-r,xxx at xxx.com,-a,john,-m,folder.name/subfolder,john"
>
> cyradm lam shows folder.name/subfolder has p rights (amongst others) for
> user john.
>
> Setting "anyone" rights doesn't feel right... what now?

http://bugzilla.cyrusimap.org/ - with as much detail about what does and
doesn't work as possible.

Thanks,

Bron.