cyrus 2.3.14 on opensuse 11.1 x64 and lmtp errors

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Tue Sep 28 17:36:03 EDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 05:47:35PM +0200, Josef Karliak wrote:
>  Yes,
> I see, where did I got that ??? Nor cyrus didn't complain for
> unknown config options ...
>   Thanks for kick :)
>   J.K.

Yeah, Cyrus doesn't complain about unknown options for a couple
of reasons:

a) because you can prefix any option with a service name from
cyrus.conf and it will override the basic config option.

b) options that depend on partitions.

Now - it's probably possible to scan through them and check if
there's anything unexpected.  Makes it a pain dealing with
different versions that support different options - but I agree
a warning would be nice.

Bron.