competition

Dave McMurtrie dave64 at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Sep 22 10:55:41 EDT 2010

On 09/22/2010 10:52 AM, André Schild wrote:
>    Am 22.09.2010 16:17, schrieb Lucas Zinato Carraro:
>>    For me it would be very interesting a option to save cyrus tables
>>     in a traditional database. ( mysql, postgresql, etc... )
> Beside "interesting" what would you get for a real benefit from this ?
> They are ver verly likely to be slower.

We wanted to use it for the user_deny database so we could insert a row
into one database table that every host has access to.  This way we
didn't need to come up with a way to update the local user_deny across
each frontend server.

Also, we were interested in testing SQLite for things like
tls_sessions.db and deliver.db because we were tired of BDB breaking our
service.

Thanks,

Dave
--