competition

Dave McMurtrie dave64 at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Sep 22 10:46:24 EDT 2010

On 09/22/2010 10:17 AM, Lucas Zinato Carraro wrote:
>   For me it would be very interesting a option to save cyrus tables
>    in a traditional database. ( mysql, postgresql, etc... )

In 2.3.13 (I think) and newer, there is the option of using an SQL
backend.  It hasn't been widely used and tested yet, though.

Along the lines of Simon's question, other than the fact that some of
the Cyrus database defaults happen to be BDB, is anyone using BDB with
Cyrus because they really want to?

Considering the state of Cyrus' interoperability with BDB and all the
recent fixes to skiplist, would it make sense to at least not make BDB a
default backend from now on?

Thanks,

Dave
--