competition

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Wed Sep 22 03:01:33 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 08:02:35AM +0200, Simon Matter wrote:
> Documentation is one thing, and dependencies like BDB another. But there
> is something else I guess, for servers which are not dedicated mail
> server, it would be really nice if one could install Cyrus and it just
> works for every user having an account on the system. That can be done
> with the autocreate patches but they are also not included in Cyrus. In
> fact, Cyrus could have two main modes, one for dedicated, sealed mail
> servers and one for "allround" servers with user accounts.

We're planning to include the autocreate patches in 2.4 as soon as we make
sure they work nicely with virtdomains and murder.  Making it work nicely
with user accounts would be very handy.

Bron ( really trying to make Cyrus newbie-friendly as well as advanced-site
       friendly.  I also want auto-recompilation of sieve scripts, and
       auto-fixing of broken .cache files )