imapd dumping core due to SEGV

Pascal Gienger pascal.gienger at uni-konstanz.de
Tue Sep 14 10:22:54 EDT 2010

For Solaris SMF and Cyrus please use in your manifest for Cyrus IMAP:

    <property_group name='startd' type='framework'>
      <propval name='ignore_error' type='astring' value='core,signal'/>
    </property_group>

The imap service will not be restarted when an imap process is killed anymore. Only when master ends the startd will believe Cyrus is down. Dito for an imap process dumping core.

Pascal