shared \seen flags on shared folders

Gavin McCullagh gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie
Wed Sep 8 13:10:44 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Thu, 02 Sep 2010, Gavin McCullagh wrote:

> > 	"sharedseen"
> >                Enables the use of a shared \Seen flag on messages rather than
> >                a per-user \Seen flag.  The ’s’ right in the mailbox ACL still
> >                controls whether a user can set the shared \Seen flag.
>
> Brilliant, thanks.  I hadn't noticed that.

Just a further question on this.

If a folder has sharedseen=true set in the metadata from its creation and
forever, I would expect shared seen flags.  If a folder always has
sharedseen=false for its entire life, I expect per-user \Seen flags.

What happens if the sharedseen attribute is changed during the lifetime of
a folder, when users may already have their own (or shared) \Seen flags?

Gavin