Action on move to folder

Julien Vehent julien at linuxwall.info
Fri Sep 3 03:15:41 EDT 2010

On Thu, 02 Sep 2010 16:27:26 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams
<awilliam at whitemice.org> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 22:17 +0200, Julien Vehent wrote:
>> Hello cyrus folks,
>> I would like to find a solution to easily feed dspam, and I was
>> wondering if there would be an elegant way to trigger an action when a
>> message is moved to a specific folder. ie:
>> move message 'm' to folder 'spam' triggers 'send m to
>> spam at mydomain.net' (or even better, launch an external program with 'm'
>> as an argument).
>> Can imapd do that ? Sieve maybe ?
>
> I haven't found a way.
>
> It would be great; we use RabbitAMQ extensively and I've looked for a
> way to *reliably* pop a message append-to-folder-XYZ into the queue.
> You can scrape the logs or fad the filesystem folder, but neither ends
> up being terribly *reliable*.

In might case, it would be even more simply to add a button to the
webmail interface that performs the move to folder and the forward. But
I was looking for a imap side action, that would be client side
independant.

Is there a wishlist for imapd where I could add this feature ?

Julien