shared \seen flags on shared folders

André Schild andre at schild.ws
Thu Sep 2 08:58:12 EDT 2010

Adam Tauno Williams schrieb:
> On Thu, 2010-09-02 at 10:59 +0100, Gavin McCullagh wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> sorry for the very late reply.

>>> I believe "sharedseen" does what you're looking for.  See "man cyradm":
>>> 	"sharedseen"
>>>                Enables the use of a shared \Seen flag on messages rather than
>>>                a per-user \Seen flag.  The ’s’ right in the mailbox ACL still
>>>                controls whether a user can set the shared \Seen flag.
>>>
>> Brilliant, thanks.  I hadn't noticed that.
>>
>>> The Kolab client may have direct support for managing sharedseen, so
>>> you might take a look at that, as well.
>>>
>> It has a sufficiently new cyradm to support sharedseen, but it doesn't seem
>> to have a web-based way to do this.
>>

> This is a constant pain (cyradm isn't very help-desk friendly).
>
> Does anyone know of a, even abandoned, project to implement the cyradm
> capabilities as a network API?  SOAP, XML-RPC, REST, whatever....  It
> would be really nice to be able to manage a Cyrus server via an API (and
> make building clients for that task way easier).

I started a small project a few years ago for this in java...

https://sourceforge.net/projects/jcyrusapi/

It still does what we need (And we don't needed much at that time...)

additionally a search on SF returns a list:

https://sourceforge.net/search/?words=cyrus&type_of_search=soft&words=cyrus&search=Search

André