shared \seen flags on shared folders

Gavin McCullagh gavin.mccullagh at gcd.ie
Thu Sep 2 05:59:45 EDT 2010

Hi,

sorry for the very late reply.

On Thu, 12 Aug 2010, Wesley Craig wrote:

> On 12 Aug 2010, at 09:17, Gavin McCullagh wrote:
> >I gather courier shares the \seen flag between users sharing a
> >folder.  Is it possible to do this on cyrus?
>
> I believe "sharedseen" does what you're looking for.  See "man cyradm":

> 	"sharedseen"
>                Enables the use of a shared \Seen flag on messages rather than
>                a per-user \Seen flag.  The ’s’ right in the mailbox ACL still
>                controls whether a user can set the shared \Seen flag.

Brilliant, thanks.  I hadn't noticed that.

> The Kolab client may have direct support for managing sharedseen, so
> you might take a look at that, as well.

It has a sufficiently new cyradm to support sharedseen, but it doesn't seem
to have a web-based way to do this.

Gavin

--
Gavin McCullagh
Senior System Administrator

This E-mail is from Griffith College.
The E-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and may be
privileged and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to whom they are addressed. If you are not the addressee you are prohibited
from disclosing its content, copying it or distributing it otherwise than to
the addressee. If you have received this e-mail in error, please immediately
notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and delete the e-mail from your
computer.

Bellerophon Ltd, trades as Griffith College (registered in Ireland No.
60469) with its registered address as Griffith College Campus, South
Circular Road, Dublin 8, Ireland.