Cyrus 2.4 install

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Fri Oct 22 05:31:07 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 11:01:43AM +0200, JC Putter wrote:
> hi i am busy trying to upgrade to cyrus 2.4, however after running make i get the following error, not to sure what is missing.
> /root/cyrus-imapd-2.4.2/imap/mailbox.c:653: undefined reference to `crc32_buf'
> libimap.a(mailbox.o): In function `mailbox_cacherecord':

Ooh.  You're missing zlib.

I strongly recommending installing zlib.  I had intented to add a
built-in implementation of the crc32 stuff, but I'm actually tempted
to make zlib required.  It gives you compress support as well.

The reason you're getting this error is that some monkey (hi) forgot
to add that API to the non-zlib case.

Regards,

Bron.