Cyrus IMAP server

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Thu Oct 21 17:46:41 EDT 2010

Actually in Cyrus 2.4 you will find that it allows multiple concurrent pop connections. Each one gets a "snapshot" of the mailbox at the time it connects. All operations are to this snapshot.

This is safe because the namelocking semantics ensure the message files won't be deleted until all open connections are closed, and the snapshot includes uids to let the pop3d find and delete the correct messages.

So you'll be good in 2.4 :)

Bron.