Cyrus IMAP server

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Thu Oct 21 11:02:02 EDT 2010

On 21/10/10 16:43 +0200, JC Putter wrote:
>we are running cyrus-imapd 2.3 on centos 5.5
>
>we are getting complains from users getting error messages saying Mailbox
>locked by POP Server, i understand that pop3 server can handle only 1
>concurrent connection, can cyrus be configured to support more connection?

We're getting a lot more of these complaints as well as our ISP customers
start configuring email access on their phones and handhelds.

The solution for us has been to encourage customers to reconfigure both
devices (PC and phone) to use IMAP.

The POP3 standard (RFC 1939) requires each connection to obtain an
exclusive lock on a maildrop before continuing operations. It lacks the
proper semantics to handle simultaneous access to a mailbox.

--
Dan White