user_deny.db, very high load and Apple-Spotlight

Patrick Goetz pgoetz at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Oct 19 14:20:46 EDT 2010

On 10/14/2010 06:30 AM, Marc Patermann wrote:

> I created user_deny.db with touch to make the one error message go away.
> Now I have lots of "fetching ..." messages in the log (2.3.16).
>
> Is there anything to do about this?

I think the suggested solution is don't use bdb for the /var/lib/cyrus
databases?  The default in 2.4.x is skiplists.

I know this has been mentioned or alluded to several times, but I'm
still a bit unclear on how to convert an existing set of cyrus bdb
databases to skiplists on a production system.

--
Patrick Goetz