Problem with Cyrus 2.4.0 when subscribe to folders in other backends

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Wed Oct 13 17:50:55 EDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 05:27:32PM -0300, Lucas Zinato Carraro wrote:
> With Thunderbird 3.1.3  i can  subscribe only in folders located in Backend1
>
> where  my account "lucas.carraro" exist.
> The other folder in backend2 are not avaiable for me:

Actually, you're subscribing fine - we're just not showing them.  Oops.

I know exactly which change fixed this - it's an obviously over-eager
patch that I applied for FastMail because users were complaining about
non-existant mailboxes appearing in their list view - things that were
subscribed ages ago, and appearing despite not being real.

I don't have a one-line patch for you I'm afraid - I'll have to talk to
Ken about this one and come up with a real fix.  Definitely a bug though,
in the way murdered imapds handle lsub.

Bron.